Deputy Manager/Manager - Event

Location: Wonderla Park, Kochi
Position Vacant: Deputy Manager/Manager - Event(Male)
Qualification: Degree
Experience: 4 to 6 years
Company Profile:
Wonderla Holidays Ltd (Wonderla), founded in 2002, is one of the largest amusement park operators in India. It currently operates two amusement parks situated in Kochi and Bengaluru under the brand name Wonderla and a resort in Bengaluru under the name Wonderla Resorts. The company is promoted by Mr Kochouseph Chittilappilly (promoter of V-Guard Industries) and Mr Arun Kochouseph Chittilappilly. Promoters and the promoter group hold 95.48% stake in the company while the remaining 4.52% stake is held by employees of the company and group companies. The company commissioned its first amusement park in Kochi in 2000 under the name Veegaland and the second amusement park in Bengaluru in 2005 under the name Wonderla. Veega Holidays and Parks Pvt. Ltd, which owned and operated Veegaland, was merged with Wonderla with effect from April 1, 2008 and both the parks are now operated under the name Wonderla. Wonderla Resort started operations in March 2012.

Job Description:
We are looking for a competent Event manager to oversee and organize events that will make an impact to a target audience. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. An event manager is, above all, a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.

  • Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
  • Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success.
  • Prepare budgets and ensure adherence.
  • Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
  • Be in charge of hiring personnel (DJs, waiters etc.)
  • Coordinate all operations
  • Lead promotional activities for the event
  • Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
  • Approve all aspects before the day of the event
  • Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
  • Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports.

  • Proven experience as event manager
  • Skilled in project management
  • Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
  • Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
  • Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
  • Excellent organizational skills
  • A knack for problem-solving
  • Customer-service orientation
  • A team player with leadership skills
  • BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred.

CTC:Rs. 4,50,000.00 to Rs. 6,00,000.00