Wonderla Holidays 2018-19, 4th Quarter PAT Surges 90% - Recommends Dividend of 18%
Bangalore – 15th May, 2019:Wonderla Holidays Ltd. –India’s leading Amusementpark operator announced its financial results for the Fourth quarter and the Financial Year ended on 31st, March 2019.
- Profit After Tax (PAT) for the 4th Quarter ended March 31st 2019, was Rs. 6.99 Crores; an increase of 90% over 4th Quarter, 2017-18 PAT of Rs. 3.68 Crores. PAT for FY ended March 31st 2019 was Rs. 55.41 Crores; an increase of 44% over FY 2017-18 of Rs 38.50 Crores.
- Gross revenue for the 4th Quarter ended March 31st 2019, was Rs. 63.55 Crores against Rs.56.38 Crores in the corresponding period of last Financial Year registering a growth of 13%. Gross Revenue for the Financial Year ended March 31st 2019 stood at Rs 291.66 Crores, against Rs 278.34 Crores in the previous Financial Year 2017-18.
- Profit Before Tax (PBT) for the Fourth Quarter,ended March 31, 2019, was at Rs 10.88 Crores against Rs 6.73 Crores in the corresponding period last Financial Year, registering a growth of 62%. PBT for the FY ended March 31, 2019 were Rs 84.04 Crores and recorded growth of 42% over FY 2017-18 (Rs 59.24 Crores) on account of growth in revenue and rationalization of expenses.
- EBITDA for the Fourth Quarter grew 24% from Rs 16.75 Crores to Rs 20.77 over corresponding period of last Financial Year. Similarly, EBITDA grew by 28% to Rs 123.96 Crores from Rs 96.95 Crores for the year ended March 31, 2019
- In the Fourth Quarter 2018-19, Footfall grew by 10% in Bangalore Park, 5% each Kochi and Hyderabad parks respectively, resulting an overall increase of 7% during the quarter. The company achieved a total footfall of 25.23 lakhs across all parks during the financial year against 24.87 lakhs over the last financial year 2017-18.
- Resort achieved 52% occupancy during the fourth quarter of financial year 18-19 against 32% corresponding period over last year.
- Business Outlook:
Commenting about the performance during the quarter,Mr. George Joseph, Joint Managing Director said “the bright spot during the fourth quarter was the strong performance of all the three parks and Resort. We hope that this positive trend will continue in future also. We are extremely happy with the business performance during the fourth quarter and the financial year 2018-19. Both Bangalore and Hyderabad parks are growing on expected lines, Kochi has stabilized after the floods. The profitability has shown significantly higher growth than the revenue growth, consequent to the cost efficiency initiatives on a continuous basis. The Company has identified Chennai as the 4th destination and has acquired 62 acres in Kelambakkam for the new project.We are awaiting necessary approvals from the Government of Tamilnadu. The project work will commence immediately after we receive the approvals”
Wonderla Holidays net profit surges by 27% in the first quarter of the financial year 2018-19
Bangalore – 7th August, 2018:Wonderla Holidays Ltd. – India’s leading Amusement Park operator; has announced its financial results for the First quarter ended 30th June 2018.
- Footfall grew 6% during the Quarter with Hyderabad Park recording a stupendous growth of 22%.
- Gross Revenue for the First Quarter of this financial year ended June 30, 2018 stood at Rs.106.11 crores, against Rs 105.42 crores, in the previous Financial Year 2017-18.
- Profit after Tax for the first quarter of this financial year ended June 30, 2018 were Rs.32.97 crores, an increase of 27% over corresponding period last financial year (Rs.25.96 crores)
- Park revenues including other income stood at Rs.103.25 crores. Revenue from resort stood at Rs. 2.86 crores.
- Wonderla Resort has achieved 45% occupancy during the quarter.
Commenting on the company’s performance Mr. George Joseph, Joint Managing Director, Wonderla Holidays Ltd.Said “We are happy with the revenues that the company has achieved during the first quarter of the financial year. We continue to be optimistic about the performance of three parks in Bangalore, Kochi and Hyderabad, although there are short term challenges in terms of footfall growth in Kochi.’’
Wonderla Holidays PBT Surges 22% in the financial year 2017-18, Recommends a dividend of 15% to the share holders
Bangalore – 26th May, 2018:Wonderla Holidays Ltd. – India’s No.1 Amusement Park operator; has announced its financial results for the Fourth quarter and the Financial year ended on 31st, March 2018.
- Gross Revenue for the Financial year ended March 31, 2018 stood at Rs.278.34 crores, against Rs 274.99 crores in the previous Financial Year 206-17. Gross revenue for theFourth Quarter, ended March 31, 2018, was at Rs 56.38 crores; against 61.98 crores in the corresponding period last financial year.
- Profit before tax recorded a growth of 22% (Rs 59.24 crores)over the last financial year (Rs 48.53 crores) as a result of series of strategic initiatives taken by the Management to optimize costs. We believe that such initiatives need to be strengthened for sustained savings in the future
- Profit after Taxfor the year ended March 31, 2018 stood at Rs.38.62 crores, increase of 13.60%over last financial year (Rs 33.98 crores). Similarly the profit after tax for the Fourth Quarter, ended March 31, 2018, was at Rs 3.74 crores; an increase of 9% over corresponding period last financial year (Rs 3.43 crores).
- Revenue from the three amusement parks – Bangalore, Kochi and Hyderabad were Rs. 267.23 crores, as against Rs 263.02 crores over last financial year2016-17.
- EBITDA grew 23% to 96.95 Croresfrom 79.14 for the year ended March 31, 2018 and 50% to 16.75 crores from 11.15 crores in the Fourth quarter ended 31st March 2018 over corresponding last financial year’s quarter.
- The Resort division had an occupancy rate of 43%.
Commenting about the performance during the quarter,Mr. Arun K Chittilappilly, Managing Director, Wonderla Holidays Ltd. Mentioned, “Despite a very challenging business environment, we arehappy with our performance during Quarter 4 and the financial year 2017-2018. We were able to reduce costs and the GST reduction for our sector is a welcome change.We recently launched Mission Interstellar, our latest ride in Hyderabad Park and we are confident that footfalls will revive in our older parks in the coming quarters. We continue to be optimistic about our prospects of growth in the sector."
Wonderla Holidays Ltd PAT Surges by 49% in the third quarter of financial year 2017-18
Bangalore – 10th February, 2018:Wonderla Holidays Ltd. – India’s No.1 Amusement Park operator; has announced its financial results for the Third quarter ended on December 31st , 2017.
- The Profit after Tax for the Third Quarter, ended December 31, 2017-18 fiscal, was at Rs 6.54 Crore; an increaseof 48.97%over corresponding period of last financial year (Rs.4.39 Crore), mainly on account of reduction in operating expenses across all parks.
- EBITDA grew by 37% to 20.59 Crorefrom 15 Crorein Third Quarter. SimilarlyEBITDA margin was up by 10% pts for third quarter at 32%, as compared to the corresponding quarter last financial year.
- The profit before tax for the Third Quarter, ended December 31, 2017-18 fiscal, was Rs 10.54 Crore; an increase of 59%over corresponding period last financial year (Rs.6.61 crore).
- Gross revenue for the Third Quarter, ended December 31, 2017-18 fiscal, was
- In third Quarter, Footfalls in Hyderabad Park grew 11% while Bangalore and Kochi Parks witnessed 12% and 15% decline in footfall respectively; resulting an overall reduction of 8% on the backdrop of steep price increases due to high GST rate @ 28% and shift of Dassara season.
- The Resort division continues its good performance with an occupancy rate of 50%.
- Business Outlook:
Commenting about the performance during the quarter, Mr. Arun K Chittilappilly, Managing Director, Wonderla Holidays Ltd. Mentioned, “Despite a very challenging business environment, we are happy with our performance during third quarter of this financial year 2017-2018. Our gross revenue grew by 5% during this quarter while EBITDA grew by 37%. We recently launched Mission Interstellar, our latest ride in Hyderabad Park and we are confident that footfalls will revive in our older parks in the coming quarters. Considering the GST rate for Amusement Parks was reduced from 28% to 18% effective from 25th January 2018; we continue to be optimistic about our prospects of growth."
Wonderla Holidays Ltd revenue surges by 15% for the quarter ended 30th September 2017
Bangalore – 15th November, 2017:Wonderla Holidays Ltd. – India’s No.1 amusement park operator; has announced its results for the second quarter ended on September 30th, 2017.
EBITDA grew by 9% to 12.85cr from 11.81cr last year. PBTfor the second quarter ended September 30th, 2017 was Rs 3.58 crores,an against Rs 3.88 croresover last financial year.
PAT for the quarter was 2.33cr, down from 3.7crmainly because of depreciation charges for new rides at Bangalore and Kochi, parks and provision for past tax disputes.
Footfalls in Hyderabad grown by 20% and up in Bangalore by 3%, while Kochi declined 18% on account of the price hikes and unseasonal rains during Onam. The Resort division, despite GST impact, had a healthy occupancy rate of 40% during the quarter.
Mr. George Joseph has been inducted as Whole-Time Director and Vice-Chairman of the company. Mr M. Ramachandran has been appointed as Additional Director and the new Chairman of the Company.
Commenting about the performance during the quarter,Mr. Arun K Chittilappilly, Managing Director, Wonderla Holidays Ltd. Mentioned, “Despite a very challenging business environment, we arehappy with our performance during second quarter of this financial year 2017-2018. Our gross revenue grew by 15% during this quarter while EBITDA grew by 9%.We have recently launched our latest roller-coaster in Kochi, and are confident that footfalls will revive in our older parks in the coming quarters. Despite a very high tax rate of 28% being imposed on Amusement Parks in the GST regime, we continue to be optimistic about our prospects for growth."
The Chittilappillys on CNBC
Capacity Utilization & Expansion Plans With The Chittilappillys On Weekender, CNBC-TV18
Turning Private To Public- The Chittilappilly's On Weekender, CNBC-TV18
Expansion Plans At V-Guard & Wonderla With The Chittilappilly On Weekender | CNBC-TV18
Wonderla Holidays Limited listed amongst Asias best amusement parks
Wonderla Holidays Limited Bangalore & Kochi, India’s most acclaimed amusement parks have been ranked #7 and #9 respectively amongst Asia’s leading amusement parks by Trip Advisor-a globally trusted travel website. Operating country’s two of largest amusement parks, Wonderla Holidays Limited is a one stop entertainment destination. The parks present a slew of world class thrillers, water based and land based rides for a perfect family outing.
According to Trip Advisor's travellers choice 2015 report, Wonderla Bangalore & Kochi have achieved #1 and #2 positions respectively amongst the top 10 amusement parks in India.
Overwhelmed with this accolade, Mr. Arun Chittilappilly, Managing Director- Wonderla Holidays Limited said, “We are proud to have been recognised amongst the leading players in the amusement park space in Asia. Our entire team is delighted to receive this honour. We will continue with our efforts to add on exciting entertainment options to our parks to ensure enhanced consumer experience. We look forward to receiving such encouragement and recognition that would drive us to go an extra mile and offer world class services to our patrons.”
The other Indian amusement parks that featured in 2015 Asian report include Adlabs Imagica, Mumbai (#18); Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad (#21); Essel World, Mumbai (#23).
Wonderla Holidays bags 8 National Awards at the 15th edition of IAAPI Amusement Expo 2015
Wonderla amusement parks have been drawing accolades and awards ever since it opened its doors to fun lovers, including top rankings on tripadvisor, tourism awards from Kerala and Karnataka States and even environmental and pollution control awards by state governments. Wonderla has now done again the when it was conferred with eight national awards at the prestigious 15th Amusement Expo 2015 that was held by the Indian association of Amusement Parks and Industries (IAAPI) recently.
Having witnessed the participation of over 100 domestic and international exhibitors, Wonderla Holidays Limited bagged various prominent awards including in the category of social media and radio advertising. The brand was also bestowed with a title in the best HR practices and most innovative rides and attractions category. Wonderla was even declared the runner-up in the total number and variety of rides, event of the year, print media and electronic media categories.
Clearly delighted by the recognition, Arun Chittilappilly, managing director of Wonderla Holidays Limited says “I'm delighted that Wonderla Holidays Limited has been honoured with so many esteemed titles at one of the country’s most respected events hosted by IAAPI. I'd like to congratulate our entire team for their unwavering dedication towards our mission of providing best in class entertainment. I hope we can do even better in the future."
Wonderla also has had many other noteworthy praise comings its way. According to Trip Advisor’s Travellers Choice 2014, Wonderla amusement park Bangalore has been ranked No.1 in India while its Kochi counterpart has been ranked number 3 in the same ranking list. In Asia rankings, Wonderla Bangalore ranks 7 and Wonderla Kochi ranks 13 among the top 25 amusement parks list, the highest for any Indian theme park.