The Wonderla Environment and Energy Conservation Award has been instituted with the vision of recognizing and rewarding schools that help build a greener world.
This year, we are inviting entries from the young minds of Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh who care about environment more than us!
Our belief is that when a school takes green steps, students who study there grows up to be sensitive and caring towards the environment, making the world a better place to live in. The Award is a small step towards this larger goal of inculcating green values in our young citizens of the country.
Many schools today have implemented several eco- friendly measures such as rain water harvesting systems, use of solar energy while many have active eco-clubs that bring children closer to environment friendly practices and trends. Our aim is to measure, compare, recognize and celebrate these efforts taken by the schools in environment conservation.
Over the years, the Award has been conferred upon those path breaking schools that have internalized and implemented eco-friendly measures in their premises, thus showing their children the right path.
How to participate?
Please fill in the entry form for the contest and send it to us at the respective addresses mentioned below. Last date for the submission of entry form is 31st August 2018. After receiving the entry forms, our expert jury panel will visit shortlisted schools and evaluate the eco- friendly practices before declaring the Award winners.
For Schools in Kerala & Tamil Nadu ( Coimbatore, Tirupur, Erode, Namakkal, Dindigul, Madurai, Trichy, Tanjore, Tirunelveli, Virudunagar & Kanyakumari Districts)
Send the filled entry form to Wonderla Amusement Park, Wonderla Holidays Limited, Kakkanad Pallikara Road, Pallikara,
Kumarapuram Post office, Kochi 683565
For more information, email us at email@example.com or call us at 7593853107
For Schools in Karnataka & Tamil Nadu ( Chennai, Kancheepuram, Pondicherry, Vellore, Salem, Krishnagiri Districts)
Send the filled entry form to Wonderla Amusement Park, Wonderla Holidays Limited, 28th km, Mysore Road, Bangalore 562109
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 9945557777
For Schools in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh
Send the filled entry form to Wonderla Amusement Park, Wonderla Holidays Limited, Outer Ring Road, Exit No. 13, Ravirala, Hyderabad - 501510
For more information, email us at email@example.com or call us at 9100063636
What are the guidelines?
- It is mandatory for all interested participants to fill the preliminary application form with the questionnaire.
- Applications will be rejected if any information provided in response to the questionnaire is found to be false.
- The shortlisting criteria are:
- Measures taken towards water collection and usage.
- Energy and water saving measures.
- Measures taken for reuse and recycling of resources.
- Awareness among student and staff about environmental conservation and their roles in it.
- Initiative taken and support offered by school management for a safe environment.
- Participation in training/seminar for the purpose of environment conservation.
- Competitions conducted/participated regularly.
- Activities of student clubs.
- Methods adopted to disposal of plastic.
- Send us a detailed report on your special initiatives towards conserving and protecting nature and natural resources. Please attach photographs of such initiatives.